Monday, October 9, 2017

     Day 8 I bring you "The Devil's Candy".  I heard one person say it was good on FB and figured what the hell it's on Netflix, rare night alone with TV to myself.  I gotta say I was highly impressed with this movie Ethan Embry sold his performance to me.  I was completely enthralled, his supporting cast of actors/actresses pulled their weight to, it was a solid film.  It starts with a mother and son arguing then the "accident" happens, and house goes up for sale.  Embry's family barely getting by finds the low-ball offer on the house, because of the deaths.  They move in and try to start anew, he is a struggling painter, she works a job in town, now which she will take two buses to get too.  He drives the beat up station wagon to take their teen to and from her new school.  Then the son comes back because he has nowhere to live.  Then things get hairy, blood and violence erupts and Embry is drawn into this painting zone, like possession.  Highly recommend this film even with it's heavy metal soundtrack is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment