Friday, October 27, 2017

     Day 21 I decided to dig back to some older features, which brought me to Eli Roth's Hostel.  This gem of a film doesn't get old, the intensity and the graphic gore, are staples in this film.  With such a simple premise, yet the possibility being so true.  A couple of teens travel abroad and get lured into a hostel or hotel, which turns into a total nightmare.  They become rich man's bait to torture and kill as they seem fit.  The story is thin but could happen everyday for all we know.  With the graphic deaths and torture scenes, it brought on another subgenre of horror.  Eli Roth, by all means, is a great director, which will be debated till the end of time.  All I can say is most directors have bad films, every doesn't like everything.  Nature if the business, I guess.  I haven't seen a bad movie from him yet, and this is one of, if not, the best Eli Roth has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment