Tuesday, October 17, 2017

     Day 15 brought me too in indiegogo campaign I donated to Laszlo Illes's "The Basement", which I had heard wasn't good, but I had to see for myself.  I was impressed with the settings and the aura of the film, the graphic violence never hurts.  The story revolves around a group of friends after their party gets shut down for being to loud, by a neighbor.  This basement is always locked and nobody really knows why.  But the friends here someone keeps knocking at their door, so they run outside to catch the prankster(s), but find no one.  As they turn to head inside the noticed the basement door open proceed to hear a cat which ran out of there apartment.  As they head down to find their cat strange things begin happening.  This is when the movie gets good, the mannequins and the killer, which has awesome face mask, begin hunting them down through the catacombs of this basement.  I thought it was good, solid directing, decent acting for low budget, and the blood and gore were realistic.  Solid all around film, want to see more of his work, the only thing I will say is the subtitles got annoying after a while.  They speak English but native tongue comes into play sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment