Sunday, October 16, 2016

This is my new interview with one of the newest kings of horror Brian K Williams, he has acted in Headless, directed Time To Kill, and producer, cinematographer, and editor of Harvest Lake and Plank Face through his and Scott Shirmer company Banditmotionpictures.com.  They sell all the goods you will need.  Ten questions is up with Brian K Williams:



1. How long have you wanted to be a movie maker?

Brian K Williams (BKW):  I've been interested in films for my whole life. I started doing model photography and fell in love with the camera. It wasn't until the dslr/canon boom, and seeing the film "found." that I realized it was possible to make my films myself.



Steve (S): That was the way I felt when I was asked by my friend to help with his short film that won an award at Lovecraft fest in Portland, Oregan which was judged by Stuart Gordon among others and we won, the feeling is great. 





2.  Who was your first influence into the horror genre?

BKW:  I was raised in a cult my father was a minister at, so I was fairly sheltered.  My mother did enjoy "spooky"  though, and tried to show me a VHS of the original night of the living dead. My father walked in during us watching And ejected the tape and made my mother return it. I was hooked.

S:  My dad started with me like that and my mom could care less, I saw a late night Hammer horror with Christopher Lee playing Dracula but I haven't seen it since so I haven't got the name.


3.  What is your favorite horror film?

BKW: Possession.

S:  You did correct me on this thank you, it is from 1981 directed by Andrzej Zulawski, it won awards and he said one of the best of any genre, have a need to look this up.

4.  When did you meet up with Scott Schirmer?

BKW:  The movie found. Inspired me to get into filmmaking. But I really met Scott on the set of Headless, which I  acted in.

S:  I was watching it as interview was conducted review of headless coming tomorrow, always good to have friends with same interest.


5.  Have you ever wanted to direct your own film?

BKW:  I have! I have directed the feature Time To Kill, and several short films, and music videos, before I met Scott, and before Bandit was formed. I will return to it again some day, but I am much more interested in the camera, editing, writing, and producing than I am directing.

S:  That is a strange answer I feel most want to direct, but you need good people all over the set to give film the "real" feel.  You have done a bang-up job, can't wait to see what is next for you.


6.  Do you have any background in film before you started independent films?

BKW:  Only the fifteen years of experience with a still camera before hand, and as a writer.

S:  Great sometimes I feel film school is overrated.


7.  What is something interesting most people don't know about you?


BKW:  I take two baths a day, spending an average of 3 hours in the water per day. It's  my morning And night routine. Wakes me up, and makes me sleepy. Most of my emails, calls, and business is conducted in the bath.

S:  That is an oddball answer, but that is why I ask everybody for a sneak peek into what people do that sometimes ain't normal to others.


8.  Would you agree that most low budget/independent films seems to be a small group of like minded individuals who want these visions come to fruition?


BKW:  I think there are many reasons people make films. As long as we are all striving to get better, and tell compelling stories in unique ways, more power to ya!

S:  The best answer possible, I love compelling stories.


9.  Is it tough being a producer at Bandit Motion Pictures?

BKW:  Nope. It is a dream come true. Scott is a pleasure to work with, and while it can be very demanding and create a lot of pressure, the pay off of having a completed product we can stand beside and believe in is worth it. 

S:  Dreams do come true is great, with my previous answer on short, you and others do your best work and others like it is the best feeling.


10. Was Bandit Motion Pictures your idea or a mutual idea amongst friends?


BKW:  It was really just a natural progression of Scott and I working together. We needed a business to release Harvest Lake under, and Scott and I talked, shared our passions of filmmaking, and decided on a name and filed the paperwork. It is very much a joint  business between things two of us.

S:  That has to be the best feeling (having a partner) you found who is willing to go the extra mile with you to achieve greatness.

Those were 10 questions with Brian K Williams, of Banditmotionpictures.com, it was a pleasure doing this with him for all of you.  I hope you all find insight in his answers and continue checking back for more reviews and interviews, leave any comments to improve or offer up an interviewee that I can search out and while your at it SUPPORT INDIE FILMS (HORROR).  House of Tortured Souls gave a review of Plank Face and they loved it and I think you will too.


Thanks


Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment