Sunday, October 2, 2016

10 Questions with Bloody Billy Pon

This is the first interview this October, which will continue from time to time, Halloween 2016 will have one interview a week.  These interviews will only be 10 questions with many people in as aspects of the horror fields from actors, SFX, and even authors, anybody in the horror realm might be included.  I will include some of the best up-and-comers to some true living legends I believe.  First up is a relatively new actor/director blazing his own bloody path to your door.  With his first short Doll Boy to the new highly praised Circus Of The Dead I give you Bloody Billy Pon.  A true up-and-comer with a great attitude and desire to make awesome films.  I had the chance to interview him, out of his gratitude towards his fans, I hope you enjoy.

Question #1.  What experience lead you into the horror realm?

Bloody Billy Pon (BBP):  I was a child in the "mom and pop" VHS revolution...I'd try and rent every horror they had and watch it.  In the 80's horror genre even the "bad" movies were fun to watch!

Steve (S):  Me too, loved going to the local video store to rent anything that looked awesome first down to the last generic looking box they had.


2.  Who is your idol?

BBP:  Definitely no "idols" but "influences in the movie world but I really love Tarantino, Carpenter and Del Toro.  But that's a ever changing list.  I may see something that catches my eye tomorrow and have to revise list!

S:  That I truly do understand, people come along with their visions of what scares them and do great work with their films.  It is such an open realm for everybody from the ultra gore fests to the very supernatural scares, it all depends on what you like or mood your in.


3.  What is your favorite horror movie ever?

BBP:  1974's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

S:  Simple and to the point and saying that film gives everyone the heebee jeebees lol.


4.  Who or what drew you into acting and directing?

BBP:  Storytelling.  I love to make up stories and entertain people.  Also I think I'm a good leader and know how to work hard and not make excuses for making mistakes.

S:  I am the same way although I have dabbled in writing more, but I strive to start making films.

5.  Do you have any background in film before you started?

BBP:  No.  I've owned/designed Haunted Houses since I was in middle school.  That opened the door wanting to make horror movies.  I then took a job at a local TV station as a newscast director and worked my way up to Creative Services Director.  That taught me how to write, shoot, and edit!

S:  That should inspire young and old alike to get a foot in the door, work hard and you can succeed at your dreams.

6.  What our your goals, to be the next James Cameron or Wes Craven (RIP), or would you prefer a great acting reputation or your own thing?

BBP:  Honestly I'd just be happy making a living as a movie director and improving every movie I do.

S:  Wouldn't we all, I wish I had the time but my health and family are most important to me right now, so I am happy with that.


7.  What most people don't know about you?

BBP:  I have no clue... Tough question.  My friends know this but I'm not sure other's do.  But I'm not happy with how Doll Boy (short) or Circus of the Dead (feature) turned out.  I could've/should've done a lot better.  I feel COTD was 75% of my vision.

S:  I haven't seen either one yet but I still can't wait to see your vision which is 100% of what you want, then to keep up and watch more with your vision intact.

8.  What is your favorite thing about doing films?

BBP:  The fans!!! Hands down. When I watch with them or they come up to me and say how much they loved my film.

S:  I completely feel you there.  When I go to conventions and meet "famous" people I like the way their eyes light up because "this guy isn't an idiot he knows a thing or two about me and my work", always a good time chatting with those folks.


9.  As a guitar slayer, are you in a band?

BBP:  Yes. I'm in 3? bands at this moment...I play a bloated white Jimi Hendrix in the Billy Hendrix Experiment... It's "Experiment" because it's not good enough to be an "Experience".  I play lead guitar in Cornfed Cadillac and I'm playing a fat Eddie in a Van Halen Tribute Band called "Van Whalen"...

S:  Lol, those band names are great if I ever get a chance it will be a fun show, I'm sure, to check you out.


10.  As a final question I am going to let you plug your newest endeavor Bloody TV?  I personally can't wait to check it out.

BBP:  Bloody TV is going to be basically a stress reliever/hobby.  I want to use this experience in filmmaking to plug friends, fans, and fellow filmmakers that I've met along the way.

S:  We all need that stress relief in our lives, sounds like it will be a fun show to check out.


Thanks again Bloody Billy Pon for your contribution to us horror fans and I hope to here more about your future endeavors.  Billy Pon is on FB if you so desire to see what he has coming really a good guy go check him out and see his films.  SUPPORT INDEPENDANT FILM

Until next week's interview keep checking back for more movie reviews with book reviews coming

No comments:

Post a Comment