Thursday, September 28, 2017

     This is an interview I had with part-time actor George (Gendy) Mwangi who lives in Nakuru, Kenya.  He has his own production company Gendy Productions, specializing in music video's and such but acting is his passion.  These are his ten questions:

     Steve (S):  1:  Did it come as a real challenge to break into acting?

     George (G):  1. It has always been a challenge to me because, I am not yet at a certain point in the acting arena that I would be proud of.  So for me its still a challenge more so in our country where there are limited opportunities.

     S:  I can understand that dilemma.

     S:  2:  Would you like more acting gigs or was a taste enough?

     G:  2:  That's what I would die for.  I love acting with all I got, its in me and I believe God made me to act, so I would take any opportunity for any gig to grow.

     S:  I feel ya on that one I've had a taste and want more, too.

     S:  3:   Does being from Kenya only enhance your love of music?

     G:  3:  At least music has a spreadsheet of opportunities, so anyone would be in music while awaiting that golden opportunity in acting, so I have a studio called Gendy Records.

     S:  And with that you're always helping indie artists.

     S:  4:  Is the music scene huge where you are now?

     G:  4:  It's not that big, but at least its coming through very fast.

     S:  Music does seem to be growing huge these days even through the underground scene.

     S:  5:  If you could act alongside anyone famous, who would you choose?
                                    
     G:  5:  I have always dreamt to work alongside Vin Diesel coz I love acting with action and this guy is just what I definitely want to be.

     S:  Who could argue about that tough and soft. 

     S:  6:  I saw on FB Gendy Productions celebrated it's 4 year anniversary, did you ever expect it to be so success?

     G:  6:  Gendy Productions is my young film company I started back in 2012 to nature young acting talents and also grow mine, we are not yet successful but we always work hard day in day out to make it a great brand.

     S:  Hard work will always pay dividends in the end.

     S:  7:  Does Gendy Productions cater to one style of music, or have a huge variety of artists?

     G:  7:  We at Gendy Productions are based on production of all genres of music, so we are always welcoming anyone in the music arena regardless of their type of music.
 
     
     S:  8:  What do most people not know about you?

     G:  8:  Mr. Hergina, I am a great asset to the industry, passionately I have written movies,  produced and I am a business minded young man with great ambitions.

     S:  Now that's what real people need to hear.

     S:   9:  Is acting or music producing tougher?

     G:  9:  Lemmi say both are tough in the sense that you always do what you do to showcase to the world about it, in the music production its tough because of the competition which of course is healthy, so you always strive to be the best in the game.  In acting its tough because there are no opportunities to expose my relenting talent.  I always feel pretty bad when I am stuck onto the same position I was years back without a great platform in the film arena.

     S:  It is a tough world to crack and you have it harder by your location, in Kenya, but I always believe someday it will get better.

     S:  10:  With the final product done is acting, directing, or producing more personally gratifying? 

     G:  10:   My world is in acting Mr. Hergina, I would trade all my expertise in music just to be the best actor, if today Hollywood called me to act I wouldn't think even for a second coz that's what I like.  Leave alone Hollywood even you if you called me over there I would come over without a second thought.  Hope one day to meet you and work with you on a movie or in music.

     S:  It would be an honor to work beside you, someday let's hope it happens.

I wish to sincerely thank George for his time and the interview, wishing him all the luck in the world.  Please visit his company Gendy Productions for all your needs, he looks forward to get into more acting roles, check him out for sure.

Thanks hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment