Saturday, September 9, 2017

     I saw IT (2017) version Friday night, not expecting it to live up to the hype.  I have been disappointed too many times in the past 20+ years of film watching to expect everything is awesome.  I was honestly surprised it did live up to the hype, the suspense, the scariness, and the new pennywise were done justice.  I would actually like to hear what Tim Curry thoughts were on the new Pennywise.  I barely remember the first one, which I plan on rectify soon.  That might of actually helped me enjoy this one more, I'm not completely sure on that.  The little things in this movie shocked me most, when Pennywise spoke he was always drooling, ugh, and his tone of voice at times could send shivers up ones spine.  I know every movie has it's haters, but this movie just hit me at the right way at the right time.  From beginning to end the Losers were a great group of lovable kids, and Henry was a vicious bastard.  I know some of the updated language might upset people but it's an updated version, which happens to be Hollywood's calling card now.  Remake this, redo that update everything to make it relevant today...........why don't they just call it what it is a rehash, cause we're too lazy to let "the new guy" in with his "new ideas" just keep churning out the old cause CGI is cheap now.  All I want to say to them is soon "You'll Float Too" once your stale ideas get you the book.  Cause every squirrel finds a nut sooner or later, this is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment